SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, School of Health and Medical Sciences, Nutley, NJ
Master of Healthcare Administration (2021)
PRATT INSTITUTE, School of Information and Library Science, New York, NY
MS, Library and Information Science (2015)
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY, Fordham College at Rose Hill, Bronx, NY
BA, Political Science and Religious Studies (2006)
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES, Nutley, NJ
Medical Librarian (04/2018-Present)
• Liaison to the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, serving medical students, faculty, and administrators
• Directly involved in the School of Medicine Problem Based Learning (PBL) curriculum, offering students guidance regarding question formulation and information resources
• Responsible for class development and instruction relating to Evidence Based Medicine, citation management, and research databases
• Develops and maintains library “toolkits” (LibGuides) to increase resource accessibility
NEW YORK ACADEMY OF MEDICINE, New York, NY
Reference Services and Outreach Librarian (09/2016-04/2018)
• Provided reference support to users of the library
• Coordinated the social media presence of the Library across multiple platforms
• Maintained, edited, and wrote for the Library blog
• Liaised with other Library and Academy colleagues to coordinate outreach activities
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY, New York, NY
Health Sciences Librarian Fellow (11/2015-09/2016)
• Provided online and in-person reference assistance to library users
• Conducted literature searches to support clinical care, research, and education
• Developed and implemented subject- and department-specific resource guides
• Provided training on resources such as PubMed, EndNote, and RefWorks
SAMUEL J. WOOD LIBRARY AT WEILL CORNELL MEDICAL COLLEGE, New York, NY
Clinical Librarian Intern (2/2015-10/2015)
• Provided literature searching for clinical morning report and rounds
• Developed and maintained clinical subject guides to support the medical curriculum
• Answered reference questions via email and in-person consultations
• Acted as evidence-based medicine curriculum Teaching Assistant
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, New York, NY
Data Coordinator, OB/GYN, Division of Family Planning and Preventive Services (1/2013-10/2014)
• Created and managed a central lab specimen database for a multi-site, National Institute of Health (NIH) study
• Primary point of contact for NIH, local laboratories, and Principal Investigators on all lab/data issues
• Conducted literature searches for clinical and research purposes
Administrative Coordinator, OB/GYN, Division of Family Planning and Preventive Services (5/2008-12/2012)
• Site Fellowship in Family Planning Coordinator responsible for facilitating the learning objectives of the national program
• Designed and edited conference posters, presentations, and tables and figures for journal publication
NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE, New York, NY
Administrative Assistant (6/2007-2/2008), Temporary Worker (3/2007-6/2007)
• Collaborated with project managers to write and revise documents distributed to hospitals as tools and worksheets
• Liaison between hospital administrators and NYCDOHMH project managers
CENTER FOR DIGITAL RESEARCH & SCHOLARSHIP, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY
Academic Commons and Outreach Intern (9/2014-12/2014)
• Conducted a research study to gauge interest in Columbia’s Institutional Repository targeted at Columbia faculty participating in Digital Humanities research
SAMUEL J. WOOD LIBRARY AT WEILL CORNELL MEDICAL COLLEGE, New York, NY
METRO Innovative Internship Program Intern (9/2013-3/2014)
• Conducted a usability study of systematic review software tools
Piazza A. The Development of a “Diverse Skin Images Database” at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, MLAConnect. June 9, 2022.
Piazza A. From Scratch: Creating a Library Social Media Presence at a New Interprofessional Campus, MLAConnect. November 15, 2018.
McCrillis A, Piazza A & Larson C. Seeing the Big Picture through Smaller Screens: Characterizing the Library Users’ Experience on Mobile Devices, Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries. 2017 14(3-4): 114-119.
Minen MT, Torous J, Raynowska J, Piazza A, Grudzen C, Powers S, Lipton R, Sevick M. Electronic Behavioral Interventions for Headache: A Systematic Review. J Headache Pain. 2016 17(1):51.
Josephs J, Hoffman M, Duffy C, Dreker M, Piazza A. Information Management, Mastery, and Evidence-Based Medicine as a Core Component of the HSS Curriculum at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. Poster Presentation at American Medical Association’s Health Systems Science Summit (Chicago, IL), December 5, 2022.
Josephs J, Koltz E, Piazza A. How to utilize frameworks to design a leadership curriculum: Creating an Integrated HSS and PIF model. Poster Presentation at American Medical Association’s Health Systems Science Summit (Chicago, IL), December 5, 2022.
Piazza A, Downey K, Duffy C, Terlecky SR. Building a Faculty Research Publications Database Using LibGuides. Poster Presentation at Medical Library Association ’20 vConference, August 2020.
Piazza A. Marketing & Outreach Program Showcase Lightning Talk: The IHS Library Book Club. Oral Presentation at 2019 VALE/ACRL-NJ/NJLA-CUS Users’ Conference (Piscataway, NJ), January 4, 2019.
Duffy C, Hickner A, Piazza A. Librarian involvement in a PBL/SDL curriculum at a new medical school. Oral Presentation at NY-NJ MLA Annual Meeting 2018 (New York, NY), October 24, 2018.
McCrillis AM, Larson C, Piazza A. Seeing the Big Picture through Smaller Screens: Characterizing the Library Users’ Experience on Mobile Devices. Poster Presentation at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting (Toronto, Canada), May 16, 2016.
Delgado D, Piazza A. Google Magic: How to Use Google to Search the Literature. Presentation at All About Health, Inc.’s First Annual Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Conference (New York, NY), April 14, 2015.
Dragovic N, Piazza A, Silverman H, Thiede M. Preservation in Practice: A Survey of NYC Academics Engaged in Digital Humanities. Poster Presentation at American Library Association Annual Conference 2015 (San Diego, CA), June 27, 2015.
Richardson JE, Albert P, Piazza A, Delgado D. Evaluating the Usability of Systematic Review Software Tools. Oral Presentation at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting (Chicago, IL), May 16-21, 2014.
“The Human Dimension Health and Digital Literacy Initiative” (November 2022 – April 2023). $30,000 funded by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number U24LM014070 with the University of Iowa, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences, and the University of Pittsburgh, Health Sciences Library System.
• Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP), Senior Member
• Beta Phi Mu (International Library & Information Studies Honor Society), Member
• ACRL/NY 2014 Symposium Student Scholarship recipient
- Medical Library Association, Member (2014 – Present)
- Professional Recruitment and Retention Committee, Chair (2017 – 2018), Member (2016-2019)
- Janet Doe Lectureship Jury, Member (2020)
- Liberty Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Member (2015 – Present)
- Programming Committee, Member (2021 – 2022)
- Communications Committee, Member (2022 – Present)
- Alternate Representative to the Chapter Council (2023 – Present)
• PubMed/MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, Scopus, Web of Science, CINAHL, Google Scholar, UpToDate, DynaMed, ClinicalTrials.gov, and many others
• Zotero, EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Docs
• Basic HTML
• Familiarity with SPSS and ATLAS.ti